Start date: Open
Location: Tri-State Area
The mission of FlexSchool is to create spaces where gifted and twice-exceptional students all over the world are accepted, valued, and supported.
The Head of Outreach (HO) promotes FlexSchool in the community, developing strategic relationships and increasing awareness about the mission of the school. The HO creates trusted relationships with professionals in education, healthcare, mental health, special education advocacy/law and related associations in each new school market through extensive personal meetings, events, and speaking engagements. They also develop strong relationships with potential parents and students, working cooperatively with the senior leadership and Heads of School to bridge those relationships. A strong communicator, the Head of Outreach embodies a growth mindset and is proactive, flexible and self-aware. This position offers the opportunity to work with a highly collaborative team with a wide array of responsibilities in a growing entrepreneurial environment.
You lead with your core values. You know yourself well and you have strong values that guide your work and life. You believe in the unique potential of every person and you are able to communicate this in those with whom you engage. You exhibit humility and integrity.
You develop meaningful relationships. You approach relationships in an authentic, positive manner. People like being around you. You are real and develop relationships with a wide range of people built on respect and trust. You instill confidence in others.
You are passionate about helping bright children who are struggling. It bothers you that many gifted children are misunderstood and not getting the help they need to thrive in school. You see that children are suffering from learning challenges that go unsupported and want to help them succeed in meaningful lives.
You are an excellent communicator. You are warm and welcoming and demonstrate understanding and authenticity in your communication. You communicate well in writing and speaking and you are also able to listen well to others.
You find early-stage organizations motivating. You know we are in the early stages of our development and don’t have it all figured out. You are excited to come in at the ground level and are willing to do whatever it takes to serve the school’s mission.
The Head of Outreach is the ambassador for FlexSchool, increasing awareness about the mission to provide spaces for gifted and twice-exceptional students everywhere.
- Embody, manifest, and advocate for the mission and vision of the school.
- Identify the most influential and connected regional professionals in giftedness, education, healthcare, mental health, and special education advocacy/law and related associations, as well as parents with gifted/twice-exceptional students and cultivate relationships with a diverse group of referral sources, converting them to passionate ambassadors for FlexSchool as the go-to resource for gifted and twice-exceptional students.
- Engage with referral sources and prospective parents in one-on-one meetings, small group sessions, leading workshops, conferences, school visits, etc.
- Plans and participates in recruitment events including open houses, school fairs, and other outreach opportunities, as well as on- and off- campus events.
- Populates the school’s inquiry databases and is often the first point of contact with prospective families.
- Provides regular updates to Founder/CEO and HOS on outreach efforts.
- Works with the marketing team to create a communications plan and materials to raise awareness and understanding of the FlexSchool campuses and utilizes the most effective media to reach prospective applicants and referral sources.
- Position requires some travel and work outside of normal business hours (some evenings and weekends.)
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Team player with high energy and strength in developing and building relationships.
- Strong writer and communicator; comfortable speaking and presenting to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to gracefully manage the demands of a fast-paced environment and follow through on your commitments.
- Experience working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders in various roles across the organization.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, organize multiple projects simultaneously with great attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to develop high-quality content under deadline and across multiple media is essential.
- Familiarity with using Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and other popular social media resources
- Exhibits maturity, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude.
- Knowledge of complex learners including gifted and twice exceptional students a plus.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
Commitment to Diversity
FlexSchool does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to Jacqui Byrne. Please include experience you have working with gifted and/or twice-exceptional students.